Please read carefully before agreeing
This agreement must be Agreed to (If purchasing ticket online). This agreement must be signed by all swimmers and all support kayakers.
- I have read and agree to abide by the ACROSS THE LAKE SWIM 24 FEBRUARY 2018 RULES FOR EVENT see website EVENT RULES.
- I understand that this activity involves open water swimming, which is potentially dangerous. I agree that my participation in this event is entirely and knowingly at my own personal risk and I am solely responsible for my own safety and property. I am aware the hazards include, but are not limited to, the condition of my equipment, actions of other competitors, spectators, the organiser and officials, landowners, members of the public, weather conditions, lake temperament and water temperature, and all features encountered on the course.
- I certify I am physically fit and have trained sufficiently for participation in this event.
- There is no medical reason why I should not enter this event.
- I shall not take part in this event under the influence of alcohol and other drugs.
- I hereby give consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
- I, for myself and my heirs and executors, hereby waive, release and forever discharge the Across the Lake Swim, Lake Taupo Rotary, Taupo District Council, Lake Taupo Waters Trust, Lake Taupo Voluntary Coastguard, Lake Taupo Harbour Master, land owners/managers, sponsors, promoters, and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all other persons associated with the event, for all my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event.
- I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the above parties to use any photographs, videos, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of this event.
- FORCE MAJURE: Lake Taupo Rotary reserves the right to delay the event, alter the advertised course, or start time or cancel the event if conditions warrant. They will make every possible effort to ensure this event takes place. However there will be no refunds given if the event is cancelled due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Lake Taupo Rotary. These circumstances include without limitation; lake conditions, fires, flood, storms, explosion, acts of God, war, governmental actions or non performance by third parties.
NOTE! Parents or legal Guardians must agree on behalf of any persons 18 years or less.